Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Yarn Along for the End of February 2013

"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"  Ginny at Small Things....

So, since this seems to be what drives my blog posts lately, I'm here for another Yarn Along...
Starting with the Knitting...I'm still working on that one night, one skein thing!  I know, pretty silly, but I don't have a chunk of time right now that I work on it for a longer stretch.  I've dragged it to basketball games, but those are now over.  It's been on more car rides than my mom in the past month or two, but just short ones!  I told my mom the color reminds be of buttered popcorn, but maybe a little well-done, because there are brown spots on it!  Just the way Uncle Russ used to like it!  I do like it and think it will go with a lot of things...kind of a blended snuggle piece, not so much a POP!  I'll do one of those soon. I started knitting this with a skein of Debra Norville, but got all snarled last night, so I took the time and patience to wind it up to a ball.  Ready to go for the next session.. I used to watch my friend knit with a skein all the way to the end, but I guess I don't have the gift and end up tangled and have to stop to ball-wind in order to go one.  How about you?  Of course, with a hank, you always need to wind....it's kind of therapeutic, right?  ..the winding....

 Still working on the Happiness Project.  I read further into it before the year started and now I'm kind of reviewing the monthly things, along with not stopping where I am.  A little AADD?!?!? Hopping around and around.  I have decided to follow the idea of someone and read through as many of the Newbery Award books as I can this year.  This is YA fiction and started in 1922.  The first one went pretty quick.  I checked my bookshelf and pulled out one we own.  Number The Stars by Lois Lowry from 1990 is my first finished book.  Also, I've challenged a 6th grader to do the same thing and she's done - maybe 1979? We are open to counting the ones we've read already in the past few years.  I have also loaded  2011- Moon Over Manifest into my early Birthday present and am slowly working on it.  I don't have a cover for it yet, so I'm a little scared of toting it around.  I said if Dan ended up going to SUNY Cortland, I'd have to have one of these to read on the dark trips back and forth.  Made a couple already when it was dark at least one way and just too sleepy.  Hey, if the light is bright enough, I might be able to knit by the light of my Kindle!!  What a thought.  Also discovered when you plug it into the USB of a laptop that goes to sleep on you, the charging  goes to sleep as well... Live and Learn ..OLD DOG - NEW TRICKS!!
Hop on over to Ginny's Yarn Along and see what others are reading and yarning about .

2 comments:

tess said...

I love your yarn description - buttered popcorn that's well done - it's perfect! And your project looks lovely!

Mistea said...

The colours match your description perfectly. They look just right for a snuggly cowl.
Enjoy the reading.