Monday, January 21, 2013

The Deleting Blues...

Yep!  I've got a touch of those, along with a pain in my heart these days.

The computer thing...I just don't know.  Seems that my old trusty desktop is just not doing it these days.  It's offline more than on, having trouble hooking up to the wireless signal.  There is the issue that it freezes.  Probably meaning it is not long for this world.  Biggest problem on that??  19,000 photos, give or take, in Kodak Easyshare on the machine.  What? You think that might be the problem??  Could be.  But I had an external drive that I would copy that file over to periodically that won't read anymore.  Just too lazy/scared to check and see if the laptop can read/write to that drive.  I was trying to clean out the KES, after all, some of those things are blurry basketball photos from 2006 that we really don't need anymore.  But it is a matter of sorting through them and getting kicked out repeatedly from that program.  Oh, I know.  That might also be related to the size of this monster I've created.  So I find that my camera is not going so many places with me as it was for years and I don't like that.  I might miss these years. Forget what was happening..and I have a HS senior who is going to need a scrapbook for a graduation gift/party display.  I set goals and have had times of being a little laid up and think I will methodically go through the albums and delete without pausing, all the blurry, unfit photos, sort the rest and know where the ones I want to print are... but then life happens and here I am.  I spent the better part of a day doing it once and only deleted 500 or so.  Not a big deal when the size is 19,000, is it??  One bite at a time...
which reminds me of my task last night....SOCKS....
I HATE to sort socks.  There is no good way to do it in this house.  If I clip mine and you can grab a pair in one swipe from the clean clothes basket...amazing who I might find wearing my socks.  Shame on them!!  So last night as I was matching, I started flipping some over the back of the couch toward the waste basket back there.  I didn't end up with a lot tossed, but if I can just keep this up, I know HAPPINESS is just around the corner.  My two areas of concentration for this week... PHOTOS and SOCKS... wonder how all of that will go.
The heart thing...that's knowing my friend is in pain and knowing the only thing I can do is pray for the pain to go away.  Moms can fix most things with some spit and vigorous rubbing.  Not this time.  I've never been down this road before, but as I've gone over the hump of 50, I'm probably going to be saying goodbye to more and more people that I've known really well for a long time...some of them not real old, either.  It won't get easier and some will just plain test my faith.  But, hey, "the testing of my faith develops perseverance."  Thanks James, for that reminder.
 

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

It's hard when all we can do is pray. But praying is a LOT.

=)

Hen Jen said...

I think you need a brand-new shiny macbook pro...go take one for a test-drive ;)

I hear you about socks, I will match 2/3 of them in the pile and then I just lose steam and the rest hang around for a week until someone does something with them...

praying for your friend {hug}