Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Yarn Along- November 21 of 2012


" ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"

It's another Wednesday of Knit Along... come over to Small Things and see what ginny and the others are doing....want to see what I'm doing???  keep reading!!

This is what's KNITTING ....finished the cowl/neckie thing.  Love, love, love the colors and feel of this yarn.  May not be able to wait until Hemlock next year to get some more.  Might just have to have a road trip just for this in the spring/summer.  I think I'll make another, but it will be wider (more cowl-y) and not as high.  I bought 2 other hanks from this place of matching color and now trying to decide what to do with it.  My friend is having trouble getting a vest out of 2 balls, so I'm thinking it won't be enough for me.  I'm a little bigger than a 6th grader..;o)  There is also some instructions for a pattern I bought and started.  I was using this neat (nasty) bumpy yarn that was just too hard to knit with... so I frogged it all out and have a couple of nice balls of stuff.  I got it on sale, but it was expensive stuff...what do you knit with hard-to-knit yarn??  Sooo.. since I have this great pattern...especially since I paid $$ for it!  I'll dig around in my yarn stash...yep...along with a fabric stash, I have a yarn stash... and I'll see what I have that I can make this awesome vest out of...  Thinking dark green might be nice...gotta have a clearer day to figure out some number adjustments..thinking I want the neck a couple of rows higher and maybe the front a little wider, so it more like meets instead such long loops...have to think those things through...maybe with a friend and out loud.

This is what's on the NIGHTSTAND.... or table...  working on that happiness.  THE HAPPINESS PROJECT is my first book there.  Struggling more now with some things in life.  Thinking a couple of tylenol would do a world of good right now.  Also have been reading some Gooseberry Patch Homemade Harvest.  I like their cookbooks and they have all kinds of other suggestions and tips and hints in them.  A style I really like.  And I've lined up the first of my Christmas reading...ok, I confess...I've cracked the cover of this one.  I like to read Christmas books from Thanksgiving to New Year's, so I bought this a while ago, but Christmas at Barncastle Inn arrived with my Sunday School books ordered in the fall and I've held off this long.. that's pretty good. 

So I guess, since I could have an extra 20 people here eating tomorrow, I'd better hustle around and make tidy... Have a Happy Thanksgiving....  Maybe I'll see you on black friday... I think I'll be in the line at Joann Fabrics...or maybe at Target...but not on Thursday....thursday is for turkey, and family and football or movies...

1 comment:

momto5 said...

the cowl looks great. so is the happiness project good?