Monday, June 25, 2012

what's up....

Today is Monday....a catch-up day.  The day of much laundry...of picking up a birthday gift....of running here and there and walking some dogs and hanging clothes on the line to dry and hanging more clothes and then hanging more clothes.  I once tried to have bathing suits week so that no one could wear any clothes but their bathing suits so that the laundry would be caught up, but it didn't catch on and I still wash and wash and wash...but I have these cool little sock things to make my life better...maybe...
.  I save up lots of unmatched socks.  I don't actually save them, they just accumulate in a lonely singles club in a basket or 3.  And i match my own, but then they start disappearing out of my drawer and not on my feet, so I know it is time to match some socks in the baskets for the oth  er feet in my house.  My friend Kathy, knowing how many socks a house of 5 or 6 pairs of feet can have unmatched, gave me some little clippy things called sock cops.  I've been using them on some socks, but I just had to have more. So I googled and searched and found sock clips and sock cops and got some of each.  I gave each kid their own color and then noticed when I went to do wash today, only one kid has used his clips, along with the socks from our room, which of course are all happily clipped together.  You know, it might not catch on with anyone by my room, but they can have all the unmatched socks in the baskets now.  I'm good with that.  There are enough socks cops for me and it's all good.  Just don't tell them there are socks in my sock drawer!!

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

It's amazing how socks can get lost in the laundry, isn't it? We have a sock box with socks from years ago in it, just waiting for their partners to return like prodigal sons. Crazy, huh?

;)

PS. What's even crazier is that sometimes they DO return!!!