Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Knittin' and Readin'

where I'm at...

and what I'm trying to do...
I made myself this goal sheet again this year...not New Year's resolutions, but more of a bucket list for 2011. One of the things on this list was to knit myself a sweater. I have been on the track of finding the world's easiest sweater pattern for a not-too-sure-of-herself knitter and I happened upon the Swing Coat from Annie's Attic. It's a cardigan, top-down knitting, with 3/4 sleeves and raglan at that. I'm thinking it should be pretty forgiving...and I finally took the plunge and started the knitting. You know all the unknowns that stall you...which size should I do?? is that the measurement to just come together, or are they adding the amount that it overlaps in the front? and just how tight is it going to be? and what about my long arms?? and the armpits?? I don't want it tight....


And then it just comes to the part where you GO BIG OR GO HOME!! So let's get it started!


I cast on when I was on my way home from vaca...and also was working on a Christmas gift...my second one.So I have 2 things on needles right now, and when I get stuck on one, I just take out the other and keep knitting. I made these 2 zipper bags at my last Scrap & Sew and I'm finding them oh-so-helpful at keeping my stuff together. I have a project and the yarn and instructions all together in a bag and until it outgrows the bag, it is zipped and ready to go along with me. Less tangles and falling-off stitches, I think.


And I'm reading, too. I have a Karen Kingsbury on the table right now. I've had it there for a while and I've been doing the shuffle and The Chronicles of Narnia are on my LIST for 2011 but it looked pretty big and I wasn't really up for starting that one yet, so I just put it underneath for now.

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Nice shade of blue for the sweater.

I don't think I've read Karen Kingsbury before. I'll have to check her out!

=)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I want so badly to be a knitter, but there just isn't enough time. Please keep posting on your progress with the sweater. I may jump in during a moment of weakness.