Tuesday, August 9, 2011

gone...

Sorry, but I'm gone...I'm in Victor NY at a really neat B&B with my friends. 4 couples, all escaping just for a couple of days. We've left behind our crispy, brown lawns, the leftovers from another wonderful Summer Songfest, our kids, our pets, all left at home. We have a few stops we'd like to fit in. I still want dessert, since there was NO WAY I had room anytime last night and now we are just headed to breakfast here. We have read CRAZY LOVE and are having a pretty deep discussion about it. We did the first 3 chapters the last time we got together, but now we are to chapter 4. It is about the lukewarm Christian. It is very eye-opening, soul-examining, hits pretty close to home.... If you haven't read it, I'd suggest it. We were going to finish the rest of the book this trip, 'cuz we have 2nights together to discuss, but we didn't even get out of Chapter 4 last night and we were up until after midnight. Very good discussion. Good brainstorming, good ideas, all floating around the room. Stuff to get going when we get back home. Programs we want to do, groups we want to help organize, and just wanting to breathe a little more life back into the church that has been floating a little on not real good autopilot... It's time for a new plan.... when I get home, a few pictures of singing, but not too many...a few pictures of other things. Perhaps I will find someone to get my network functional again... love to you alllllll

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Have fun! Sounds like a good way to take your spirituality off autopilot. We all need a good retreat now and again to focus on our priorities.

=)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

What an interesting getaway; sounds wonderful. I hope you continue chewing on ideas to jump start your church. Sometimes it's easy for a church to get stale; we all need people who are motivated in our churches.