Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A 31st-ish sort of day...


Opening to Proverbs 31, I'm reading, but saving the pondering of the biggest part of the chapter for another read through... The Virtuous Women. We are just starting a chapter on her in our SS Lesson next. We have a picnic this week and Rally Day next, but our next discussion Woman of the Bible is found here in Proverbs 31....


So, I'm just thinking more on the starting of the chapter....say, verses 8-9


"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and the needy."


Do you think this is a cry for a random act of kindness, or a public display???


See you tomorrow, when we get to go back to the beginning and read #1.

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I think it's both, depending on the circumstance...

=)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I have to admit that I kind of groaned when I realized it was THE CHAPTER on the 31st. But I read it anyway. The verse that really spoke to me was actually parts of Verse 13 - She ... works with her hands in delight. I think I may work this into the heading of my blog.