Monday, January 31, 2011

This is why...


This is why women like me make quilts. Because we have families and people that we love, so, so much. We put so much love into our quilt gifts that money could not begin to pay us for all of the time and love that is in a simple baby quilt... And when they are 16. And they are big and tough. And their friends stop in to see what their room looks like since their mom said they could paint it orange and black with LONGHORN stuff on the walls.. And their friends see this rag on their bed ....the one they still sleep with every night. ..they are not embarrassed, they are proud.
And I know I've written it before... when I used to tuck this guy in, I'd ask where he got this blanket and he'd say I made it for him and I'd ask why, and he'd say "because you love me".... That's what it's all about.... giving love.


5 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

A beautiful post...very touching and deep. I'll remember this one.

Susan Anderson said...

Wonderful post!

=)

Lisa Loo said...

LOVE IT! My oldest daughter has a "blankie" just like this one that her grandma made her that she will NOT give up. Love that too....

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love this post!

Hen Jen said...

so very sweet, how wonderful that you made it! My dd sleeps with her blankie, but I didn't make it, it would be so much more special if I had!