Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Blue Umbrella....

Had my nose buried in a book for the whole drive in this morning and finished up the last page as we were pulling into the driveway of Maple Street... good book.
now to search for another...search, HA! I trip over good books all over the place! Hey that make 3 books that I've finished up in January...oh, wait! We finished up Back in the Box Saturday, too! WOOHOO!! Oh, maybe I'll go back to Knitting Rules and see if I can finish a little more on that. It's not fiction and it's a nice little book of hints and tips and knitting wisdom, but it's easier to set down than some books....

All of the broken and sick people at the vet clinic will soon be back, and I don't know where that leaves me in the work loop. I am on the bottom of the list, so it may be that I'm working there less hours for a while. One wants to completely retire in April, one wants to do knee surgery after the weather is better and that would work fine with my tax schedule...time will tell.

Checkin' back in after lunch...busy morning...inputting on the laptop, finishing some monthly stuff so I'll have the year done for someone. Doin' a little visiting on my email and with some people I only see at tax time. I like to see people and now, after 5 years or so, they have come more familiar to me. Still don't always know the names, but the faces are there.

We watched a movie last night that I bought quite a while ago and couldn't interest anyone in, so I was alone with the TV and the remote and just started it and offered to shut it down when I was joined by others in the house, but they said no. It was pretty good...and I made it almost to the end before someone had to keep me awake. After living in this house for 14+winters, I've discovered something about my couch. We spend alot of time in the family room, which is in the basement. It is not horribly cold down there, but we most usually have a fire in the fireplace to ward off the chill. Well, as I was lounging on my coach - I mean couch (which is a sofa bed) last night, I couldn't figure out why my back was cold. It seems that since the bottom where the bed is folded up, is sort of open, not all closed up live a regular sofa, it leaves some space for a draft. And I could feel that draft on my back...chilly! So now I'm going to experiment with putting a blanket under me...wow, this really pitiful to post a post about a cold back! But I just wonder how many times I've curled up there to read or watch a movie and thought I must be uncovered, and it was so obvious last night. Next time I'll order a sofa without the draft... It is the place where lots of sleepovers take place.... perhaps it's just used and abused!

Back to the copier I go...
Have a great night!!

1 comment:

Lisa Loo said...

I am reading, "The Distant hours" by Kate Morton right now and have liked it so far.

Too funny about the draft up your backside and it being fodder for your blog! :0)