Sunday, December 5, 2010

Happy Sunday

The days are ticking off in December. It seems I just change the calendar page and it jumps by 5's and 10's to the end of the month. Today it is 5....already. Just 20 days left to do a whole bunch of stuff. I'll let you in on a little secret. I do NOT have all of my Christmas shopping done....I do NOT have all of my Christmas crafting done. And if I really have to go to jury duty on Tuesday, it's going to make a cramp in my plans for the week. I will go to my friend's house tomorrow and work on his table of stuff. He is a great guy, but his paperwork gets away from him sometimes, so every so often, I go sort and staple and file and pitch and make a few phone calls and make a list and then I do a bit more and by the end of my time there, it all is just a little easier for him to find what he needs to find and I'm glad to do it. I just haven't been there is a long while... And it is supposed to be snowy tomorrow...so I think I'll need to get an early start on it...and take my slippers and hmmm...a sweater I can take off, because sometimes his pellet stove is running and it is very nice and toasty in that room with the table and I'd better take a Pepsi, in case I get too cozy and a little snoozy. But I'm not worried about it. Then I'll come home for just a bit and put on my maroon and gold and head over to the basketball game, because that's what I do. Varsity tomorrow night, then 7th grade on Friday...kind of a light week of games, but that's probably OK....because, after all, I do have a bit to do. And instead of falling asleep watching TV, I'll need to stay up and work on some of my projects...I have to give UFO's for gifts, don't you??
I remember the year I stayed up to finish the binding on the last of 3 quilts I was giving on Christmas. I probably could have given them and then taken a couple back to finish the binding the next day, but who likes to give back a gift?? Not me, for sure, so I don't want someone else to have to return it to me to finish. I have a half of something finished last night that I really like, so now I need to make the other one....and I like it so much, I think I'll make a few more...then there are those other things I want to make...better get movin...
see you later...

No comments: