Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Into Reading list....

TODAY"S THE DAY!!!

It is the first day of the Fall Into Reading Challenge!!
One of the ?? things from yesterday's 10 things list that didn't get done was making the reading list. Last fall I just looked at the nightstand and listed them... and added a few. I think this time I may start out with a list of a few and grow it...let's see how I do.
1) Bert read this and recommended it to me...2) Somedays, you just don't know what to use your Border's coupon on, and since I was in the knitting section, it just made sense, right??3) I read#9 from Cedar Cove last year, so now it's time to go on.4) Picked this up at the end of vacation, thinking I was going to run out..but I didn't. And I hadn't gotten into it enough to keep going, and then someone gave me one to read, and then I went to a library or two...


5)This Ortberg book, we're reading in our Table of 8 group and it might not get all the way done, but I should be most of the way through it .. 6) A book from the bargain table, but leaning toward that way my thoughts are leaning these days. Some time alone is good...7) This one I have to locate. I had a copy, but it may have gone off with one of the kids...kept thinking I'd run across it, but haven't so far.

Plus:

8 & 9) At least two Christmas Books
10) One non fiction book about 'somewhere'
11) Young adult fiction book...
12) My goal is really a dozen books...so I will adjust as needed...

and also to go back to reading to Bert at bedtime, at least sometimes, at least one of us....no TV or book options, just reading or bed... there are so many good books for that age and we OWN a ton of them...

3 comments:

Ronnica said...

I've never really read books for the holiday season like you might watch movies for the holiday season...an interesting idea!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I haven't found my Christmas books for this year yet. Enjoy your challenge!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I read that Ortberg book and enjoyed it. And I've had The Blue Umbrella on my "maybe" list at Amazon.com forever -- it looks intriguing!

Thanks for being part of Fall Into Reading!