Saturday, August 28, 2010

WARNING!! Felting wool is NOT a multi-tasking job

First you go to Albany and watch some basketball and while you're there, make a special trip to a great yarn shop and pick up some great pretty yarn. Then you knit it up into some really big, odd shaped pieces... stick them in a pillowcase..you know, the zipper kind. And then set your washer on HOT, and extra tough agitate... and set the timer...did you hear me? SET THE TIMER...DO..NOT..WALK.. AWAY without doing this small but HUGE thing. Because when you hear a noise, it may be later than you think and you can't really unfelt something, even though you have spent hours knitting it out of the most lovely yarn....
But when you pull them out and try them on with plastic bags on your feet, or however YOU do it...you may find that it is not too late, but it really would have been alot better to pull them out a couple of times before the end and give them EXACTLY the shape you were looking for...
Those little things are straps that are sewed across the fronts after felting, but I may need to rewet these and make them just a BIT shorter. I may just stick with the clogs. I have friends who are making these, too. I've started a new pair of clogs and I'll help them felt theirs and maybe I'll make another pair after I fix these. I just love the color in real life. :o)


No comments: