Monday, June 14, 2010

See?? I told you I'd been busy!!


Today I stitched closed pillow # 6. I have one more small one, but it is a later party, so I'm moving it onto the back burner, unless my senior gives me what I need tonight. If not, it's onto the next project: quilts and scrapbook. These are the important ones, because they are for my own graduate...the one that I've been grooming for just over 18 years...the one who has been watching me dab my eyes all year long as we do the High School lasts...I got a couple hundred pictures in the mail today, so I'm ready to attack that project that I would have been better getting a grip on in March, but you know, the whole State Basketball Championship was AWESOME, but interrupted my rhythm a bit and then it was end of tax season craziness and a little trip and then some cleaning of some really, groady rooms here. Then I started the pillow projects, which I really enjoy doing. I like to find highlights in the year of my kids' friends and then make them special. Uniforms with their special numbers.. My basketball girls have blue sectional patches for the first time in 32 years our school has brought them home and also state patches for making history by being state champions. It's been quite a ride this year. I'm happy with my pillows...in the past, the ones I did were 18 inches, but this year, I took the jump to 27" pillow forms. Big pillows for a bunch of girls who have grown up and played together since preschool...who in the fall, will be in different schools, in different states, not quite as far away as 30 years ago when I graduated...before cell phones, texting, and Facebook....The new phase will start, but the memories will linger, and WOW what memories we ALL have of this year. And for a few, there will be pillows and quilts to snuggle up with and remember together...

3 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

It's such an exciting time, and I'm having fun living it vicariously through you and your daughter.

=)

Anonymous said...

GEE, YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY! I am not really looking forward to the days my boys are ready to graduate♥

Byrdbyron said...

What an awesome gift! I know they will cherish them.