Thursday, April 29, 2010

I think it's about time...

Yeah, I think it is probably about time to post here. I was busy at the end of tax season, squeezing in as much as possible before the deadline...then I took off to my sister's house in North Carolina to NOT think about tax stuff for a little while....then I came home and went to work for a couple of hours, only to find myself without a job. Not really the stuff that sunshiney posts are made of.
BUT HEY!! That's life, right??

Up until last week, I worked during tax season for my hubby part time and the rest of the time, the rest of the year, I did clerical office work for my FIL at his machine shop. There have been problems brewing at work, but none were really work related. We have been working out some major issues of my church, which have not been pleasant in the least. Opinions of those things have carried over to work. And other personal, outside-of-work issues. I guess I didn't realize how much until last week. When you no longer have a job, you realize how much life overlaps...in so many ways....

So I'm at home and just sitting around, right?? oh, Contrair!! I totally can't spell that, sorry Eric. I was trying to impress you in a bilingual sort of way. I have a list, a HUGE list each day and I just keep adding to the bottom, because I am so far behind that my house is crying from neglect...I hope the sobs are not keeping the neighbors awake...the neighbors, now that is a last night story, but I don't think I'll share it yet...
So I painted a bedroom, totally cleaned it and then spent yesterday just dabbling around with a bunch of little things. Made some cookies, made some calls, looked some things up, made some laundry soap, did tons more laundry and hung it out, went and got a summer car out of storage, spent the evening at Pine Junction with my family, visiting with my niece and her boyfriend up from Charlotte NC. It was fun, and I really did get alot done, although it wasn't what I had planned for yesterday, but that's OK, 'cuz today's another day. I'll find work again. Right now, I'm sort of on a rebound, figuring out where I want to be and what I want to do. I have lots of MAD SKILLS, don't you know!! I've never NOT WORKED outside the home. I was laid off before when I was young, you know, before children, but I worked banquets on the weekend until I found something else. It will be alright...
I was reading my bloggy friend Sue's posts earlier this week and you got a new bracelet, and posted about it.
The bracelet says " IT IS WHAT IT IS " and that pretty much sums it up....
Sorry it's been so long, and I'll get back into the groove here...
Good morning, friends.. :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sad to hear about your job loss and yet it sounds so invigorating and full of potential. Sounds like you were ready for a change, not a move you would make on your own and, well, the powers that be did it for you! =) *hugs* Keep us up to date with your in-between wanderings. I can live precariously through you!

Be Still and KNOW... said...

I know your trip to NC was worth writing about though!

Susan Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Anderson said...

Oops, sorry. I made a typo that changed the meaning of my post, so I'm trying this again...

Sounds like you are getting a lot done while you figure out where to go from here. Change can be good, right?

And yep. It is what it is.

Hugs.
Sue =)

Ripley Library said...

Hang in there my friend. It really would be nice if everybody could just get along. Somehow it never seems to work out that way. Besides, I'm sure God has a plan for you. He's just not letting you know what it is yet. Enjoy what's left of this beautiful day!