Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Follow-up Post for Fall Into Reading 2009

Well, how'd I do?? I originally posted my goal list on the first day of fall, 3 months ago. You will find it here. It was organized and promoted by our friend at Callapiddar Days. Now you can just jump over there to the link and see how everyone did!
My first posting had 12 books listed. Not bad for a busy person with 3 kids still in the house and sports and activities like crazy. But reading brings me some measure of sanity when I'm running all over, and having a book while I wait, means time is never 'wasted'...and I'm just happy when I'm reading. I even get a little testy if it's our turn and I'm not very far into my reading. As of today, I have read 10.5 books, and I'm OK with that.
If I do a fall reading challenge again, I will remind myself that I REALLY like to read Christmas stories after Thanksgiving...yeah, I've been watching and re-watching all those specials on Hallmark channel and the Family channel and ABC's 25 day of Christmas. Most everyone in my house thinks I'm nuts, but that's OK. They thought that before. I've done some Christmas gift crafting over the last little bit, too. So I've given up a fair bit of my evening reading time. But I'm good with 10.5 books. The half book is the Mary/Martha book (which I might add is awesome!) that we are reading for our Sunday School class, so I'm where the rest of the class is, done with Chapter 8- reading into Chapter 9. I still plan on reading the 2 Macomber books on the nightstand, along with the Love & Respect...probably before the spring challenge, but not guaranteed! Happy Reading and hope all your reading goals come thru!!

4 comments:

Lisa Loo said...

Hey you!! Thanx for missing me!
10.5 books is AWESOME.I love to devour books too--my kids are even starting to remind me to bring along a book when we run errands. They think I'm easier to be take care of if my nose is in a book I guess.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Lisa Loo said...

oh--and I wanted to say that I was sorry to hear about your Dad--one day at a time--right? God Bless...

Hen Jen said...

10 books, that's alot! Good job!

Ripley Library said...

Merry Christmas my friend. I know it's still two days away, but I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I had to comment on your book track record. Nice job. I would love to be able to claim that I have read as much. I will definitely try harder next year.