Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Sunday

Well, today was our annual Outdoor Service for church... some years it is cold, some threaten rain, but this year was pretty beautiful. We had some good music and very good special music - Andrew Silbert played his guitar and sang us "Give Me Jesus". If you don't know it, just click on the title and hear Jeremy Camp sing it...

We had our picnic and then we got everything picked up, cleaned up and put away and headed home to Findley Lake. It was the Final day of a 3day Findley Lake Idol competition. Bert & I got there Friday night to miss everyone, but hear the announcement of the 10 that would continue on Saturday...Andrew was one of the 10. However, Dan had football far, far away in West Valley, so I didn't get back in time for them, but checking in at Addie's, we found Andrew to be one of the Final 4!! So it was my goal to get down and hear them on Sunday.

When I got there my friend, Pshycho Pshyindy, I mean, Cindy's mom and sister were there and this nice young man was singing some awesome country music, so I stuck my head up by her and said "Tell me I didn't miss it" Well this was last year's FL idol, Westfield's Shawn Wilder, who went on to win Chautauqua Lake Idol 2009 competition this summer... and he was darn good.!! But I wasn't disappointed because the FL idol would be starting shortly at 4pm...
Andrew was the only one I knew. I cheered real loud... his first song was Don McLean's Starry, Starry Night. It was awesome. He had a sound track and a cordless mike and he wandered around a bit and it just flowed out of him so smoothly. He played the crowd and definately won them over. Andrew's second selection for the afternoon, was a song he had written for his wife, Addie, and sang to her at their wedding. It was nice, but I don't think it really mattered, he had them with the first one. Nora said it was his best song of the weekend. I was so busy listening the first time, I didn't get a picture and it was brighter when he sang the second one, so the color in this is not so good...
2009 Findley Lake Idol - Andrew Silbert...

So, if you stop in to Addie's for ice cream, make sure you smile at Andrew!! He earned it!!



Hi Sonya, thanks for reading...
i'm heading to Addie's right now...just a small, of course!!

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Beautiful song and beautiful video.

What a fun idea to have your own area's Idol competition. I would love to see something like that around here!

=)