Monday, January 19, 2009

Day Off

It is a day off from school here in Findley Lake, NY. HOWEVER >>> it was an orthodontist apt morning at 8am and then the eye doctor apt at 10:30 --and both Dan & Andrea have basketball games at home this afternoon. But Bert & I have work to do in Ripley and Scott has hours in Erie, so there are no fans from our house. Bert brought his Erector Set and now that he has inhaled his lunch, he is ready to conquer the Erector world. He had been reading a Goosebumps book, but left that home and brought a SPACE book instead. He thinks it's cool since it was published in 1952. It IS cool.
Donna Reed stopped in yesterday. We had Eggs & toast for breakfast, Chicken Wing Soup in the crockpot for lunch after church and then homemade Pizza for supper. When I worked with Linda and they were having a good meal, she's say that Donna Reed was cooking at her house. Guess you had to be there, but whenever I feel like I put in a little more effort I think of Linda and Donna Reed and I smile. Some memories just keep on giving...
and I know this is going to surprise you... but it is snowing here. YEP!! Bet that you couldn't have guessed that one in a million years!! It IS above 15 right now on my window thermometer, but accuracy is not real strong there... so, get the shovel out, 'cuz we're going to need it.. again..
And I'm missing Darlene who is growing that new little girl and probably watching that snow too and dreaming of going to the hospital with my brother in French Creek Plow#3. He's not too good at delivering, so I guess we'd better leave that up to her hubby to take care of the details...

No comments: