Tuesday, November 25, 2008

at the window...

so I sit at the window, entering things on my computer... here in Ripley, there is more grass than snow, but it has cooled down enough that there are flakes swirling down...not too much sticking. Lake Effect storms are to be our Thanksgiving treat. Dan wondered if Aunt Beaner was coming, because the last time she ventured out from NC for a Thanksgiving surprise, it was horrible. Nope, can't blame this weather on her!! I'm the designated driver for the FIL with the new knee. Recovery is not quite as instant as he had hoped, but he is back here around his PT schedule. This week I pick him up and take him home... we'll see how next week goes. I know he'd like to drive, but I guess we'll have to see how the old reflexes work!! or more so the new reflexes.. Tonight is Dan's first game on JV. He got a flying knee in the thigh yesterday by a senior boy, who does it for kicks. I really think that shows great manliness to whack around the 8th graders. It was still bothering him this morning. If I didn't think it would make matters worse, I'd take action... my kids always say, no mom, no!! There's still a bit of fight in this old bird ... and do you think he'd do it if the older brother was still around?!?!? Dan never saw him coming.... OK, enough on that subject, or I'll get all riled up again... SOO..finish up here, take QB home, go home and grab a bite, then off to Falconer...here's hoping Dan has a good night. Andrea has practice, but she's headed over after that, so she should see most, if not all, of his game. She stayed up late last night working on an awesome poster for Spanish. She was swapping around a lot of paint, and here's hoping it all ended up on the picture!! LATER...

No comments: