Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tree Taggin' at Neckers Tree Farm

Yahhh!!! This is always a good day for me. Albert will usually go along and we drag whoever else is around... Just us this time... I can't remember another year that we went up in shorts... winter coats, raincoats, wool coats, but can't remember a shorts and T-shirt day....and it was beautiful there.
While Boo is driving people up and down the hill with his tractor and wagon, Lucille is greeting her customers with enthusiasm!! Perhaps we won't tell Boo how to view this blog!! It was actually a nice cheek to cheek kiss, but it looks way more intense here!! You can just see Boo on the tractor...he is going downhill and I am getting out of his way!! I see Cheryl and Karly Honey, Steve & Laurie Holthouse's family, Kathy Neckers visiting with Debbie and Jerry Schurman and Hannah and Evan on the back bar...

I told Hannah that I'd put her in my blog if she put me in hers!! CHEESE!!!
I chose to walk, but Albert had followed Boo back down so he could ride back up!! WHATEVER!!
I met some more friends on the way...Mark, Adam and Kate Honey, but we were talking and I forgot to snap their picture... and then Willowe, Rose and Scooter with Matt along... Matt's family had also dashed past me while we were discussing the round tree, skinny tree decisions of the day!! Tootsie Pops are a tradition for tree day, too. I am glad... Rose had red and I had Chocolate Brown!! Even tho Rose assured me she had picked the best tree, I trudged on to the top...

Once you get up top, you can get in Randy's wagon ....there are BIG horses hooked to the front of this one...I guess I just cut them off...perhaps I have a horse picture later on... Hi Eric & Megan...Hey there, Katrina!!

OK...so now I have Darwin and Connie, but only a horse butt...SORRY!! that 's the best horse picture I took today...

I saw Phyllis and Nancy first when I got up to the top and I said I liked a couple right in front, but it kind of feels like cheating if you don't walk around a while and check out at least 50 or so more trees!!...so I started walking and waiting for Bert to arrive with the tag he had put safely in his pocket...

I think one of these trees will be moving in the weekend after Thanksgiving or so...

I wanted BIG and FAT...Bert pointed to this one...
This one might fit!! I know it is tall, but we always cut the bottom off anyway and we use those branches for decorating... naw, we have good intentions, but they usually lay in the back yard until we drag them to the fire pit... But they are they if we need them!!


As we get to the bottom of the hill, we unload and who should be waiting for a lift to the top, but Raleigh and Mindy White with Owen and Anneke... Anneke was one of my preschoolers....

I took their picture and then took Grandma's camera and took a group one... the lady with the camera is never in the pictures....did you see one of me yet??? I forgot!!

Barry and Evan were up top, but now are not... I think they MAY have been into the jug of cider on the table...

We are ready to leave, but I think I should have gotten another tag to put on this tree... Do you think Mary and Larry would be worried to find that someone had tagged a tree from their front yard???
Had to admire the new garage, too....NICE, very nice!!
And home we go to post the pics and sit in the October day of rest to rest and read....

4 comments:

Lisa Loo said...

That is sooooo cool! I want to go tree taggin'!! You are so lucky! And I love the name of their farm--Neckers Tree Farm and then your 1st pic is of those 2 kissing---

Karen Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Sue said...

oh,LisaLoo-
Even funnier than the kiss..Lucille is one of the owners of Neckers Company General Store and this man is not her husband... I thought at first that it was the chip delivery guy, but after some thought I believe he is the milkman!!

dar-momof5 said...

What a great day for such a fun event! It looks like everyone had a blast. Some year we may have to do this! :)